Saturday, September 3, 2011

Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat

So on my little tour of pumpkin beers this fall (late summer), my next stop is the Pumpkin Wheat from Shock Top.

Given to me as a sample bottle, I forgot about this one for a few days before taking it home and cracking it. Pours out a darker shade of amber than I expected, with a lively off-white foam head.

The aromas are, well, barely noticeable. There's a touch of pumpkin, but not like sweet pumpkin. It smells like someone took a beer dunked their slice of pumpkin pie into it for a moment.

The taste is, well, I'm not sure how to put this. I've never had a beer to review like this. I'm going to try to take a few more sips just for the sake of an evaluation. It really tastes as if someone dunked a slice of pumpkin pie into a glass of shock top beer. It really doesn't taste much like pumpkin at all. I get just the tiniest little touch of spices, but barely noticeable.

I hate to admit it, but I'm going to pour most of this down the drain, I'm just not into it whatsoever. And I used to be a Shock Top fan, but this is, well, totally not what I was hoping for.

Sorry guys, I'm going to pass on this one. Better luck next time

Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat
TCSH Rating : 3/10
Aka - They get 3 points for appearance

Eli
Bibo Ergo Sum

No comments:

Post a Comment